Senior Passive House Consultant
Type: Full Time Position
This is a unique opportunity to join a crack team of Passive House experts delivering some of the most advanced Passive House projects in North America. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated strong commitment tothe Passive House industry and a track record of delivering certified Passive House projects. This can be as a Passive House Designer, Consultant, and/or Certifier.
You will be both empowered and accountablefor navigating projects to successfully obtain Passive House certification, proactively engaging with clients and project team members to develop optimized solutions and resolve challenging issues. You will work directly with manufacturers to enhance their current product line anddevelop the next generation of products to meet the growing market for PassiveHouse certified components. You will engage in continual learning, conducting research to support the work of you and your team members. You will work remotely and independently with minimal supervision while engaging with a collaborative and supportive team. You will support the company’s evolution in response to changing market needs and conditions. You will have the opportunity to deliver foundational and advanced Passive House training.
- Manage consulting and/or certification projects from start to completion
- Provide Passive House Design Assistance for architects, engineers, and designers to develop optimized solutions
- Provide support for training delivery and other tasks as required by the business
- Support development and refinement of processes, tools, and knowledge to streamline our work
- Undertake research on Passive House topics relevant to our work
- Support Business Development activities
- Participate in outreach activities e.g. conference presentations, lunch and learns
- Support Passive House industry initiatives
- Complete PHPP and thermal bridge modelling
Candidates will display
- Undergraduate degree required, Master’s preferred. Engineering background preferred, but not required
- Valid Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant (CPHD/C) designation and/or Accredited Passive House Building Certifier designation from the Passive House Institute
- 3+years of ongoing experience delivering certified Passive House projects for clients. Candidates must demonstrate that they have been the CPHD/C of record for the projects successfully achieving Passive House certification.
- Project management from start to completion of certified Passive House projects.
- Experienced thermal bridge modeller
- Solid understanding of building science, envelope detailing, and Passive House mechanical systems design.
- Strong research, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to summarize key information and effectively communicate it (verbally and in writing) to technical and non-technical audiences
- Genuine passion for seeing widespread adoption of Passive House buildings
- Experience and interest in delivering Passive House training preferred, but not required
- Ability to optimize architectural, envelope and mechanical designs and provide creative solutions
- 40 hours per week
- Semi-flexible work schedule
- Working from home long-term
- International candidates are encouraged to apply
July or August 2021 (negotiable)
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com in Word or PDF format.